This article will outline the steps necessary to install and configure the provided transmitter in order to establish a stream for your Futuri POST service.
Upon completion of this article, you will be able to...
- Identify what is included with the transmitter shipment.
- Locate all relevant articles associated with the installation and setup of the streaming transmitter. (Single and Multi-stream)
What to Expect: A standard transmitter setup process will take approximately 1-2 hours.
Station Requirements: The items described below should be completed prior to receiving your transmitter for a seamless installation.
- Identify and secure a location for the transmitter:
- Single Stream size: (1u half-width)
- Multi-stream size: (3u)
- Identify and secure an appropriate outlet. (ideally a UPS)
- Complete the wiring process from the audio source to the transmitter.
- Identify an ethernet connection to an internet-accessible network.
- Identify an ethernet connection to an automation network. (if applicable)
- Identify an ethernet connection to an AoIP network. (if applicable)
- Complete the Mic closure/GPIO wiring. (if applicable)
GETTING STARTED - TRANSMITTER SETUP
|1||Unpack Transmitter: Each transmitter is shipped with the following:|
- Power Cord
- DB15 HD Connector
|Single Stream |
As you open the box containing your transmitter, be cautious to keep all parts and accessories together. Ensure that all parts and accessories are present, accounted for and not damaged. If you find that anything is missing or damaged, contact VIP Support for assistance.
|Connect the "Network Cable" to the transmitter, and verify the following:|
- the cable is properly secured.
- there are no kinks in the cable.
- the cable is not placed where someone could potentially trip.
|3||Connect the power cord, power up the transmitter and confirm the following: |
- the cord is properly secured.
- there are no kinks in the cord.
- the cord is not placed where someone could potentially trip.
- the transmitter is placed in an area that is free of external heat, water and direct sunlight.
|Single Stream |
|1||Click here for instructions to connect your transmitter to the internet.|
NOTE: If you are using a Multi-stream transmitter, it is recommended that you feed the same audio type (either analog or AoIP) to all stations on the transmitter to avoid conflicts which can distort audio quality.
|2||Verify audio is playing by navigating to http://listen.streamon.fm/[CALL LETTERS] (Insert your call letters)|
NOW PLAYING CONFIGURATION:
|1||Now Playing configuration is a requirement to enable:|
- Artist, title, and album art display in the player.
- Proper audio segmentation in POST. (if applicable)
- Sound Exchange reporting.
Click here for information on configuring your specific automation system.
|2||Once configured, contact VIP Support to schedule a call with a Streaming Engineer to complete the setup. |