Before you can use Tether to engage with listeners on social media, you will need to follow the directions below to link your station's accounts.
Authorizing a Facebook Account
NOTE: You must be an admin of the station's Facebook page to complete this process.
- Have your Facebook page admin log into the Tether dashboard and navigate to Social Engagement & Alerts > Facebook / Twitter Authorization.
- Click Authorize with Facebook and you'll be directed to log into Facebook.
- Next, you'll select the page to integrate with Tether and then allow the proper permissions. Toggle "Manage Your Pages" and "Publish as Pages you manage" to YES.
- Click "Done" and then "OK" to be directed back to the Tether dashboard.
NOTE: In the event that the Facebook administrator who set up the link loses access to the station page, Futuri will also lose access and the integration will need to be established again.
Verifying Your Domain (Optional)
If you choose to verify your domain with Facebook, you can have the additional option to personalize your Voting Session posts with a custom caption, title, and image. If you do not complete these steps, Facebook will automatically parse your voting page to pull an image and title for your posts.
1. After authorizing your Facebook account, click on the link in the Facebook Voting Session Post Configuration section to verify your domain with Facebook.
2. Follow the steps outlined by Facebook to verify your domain.
3. Next, in your Tether dashboard, select the I have verified my domain option.
NOTE: If you indicated that you have verified your domain without completing the required steps with Facebook, it will cause your posts to be rejected by Facebook.
4. Lastly, customize your default link caption, title, and image.
To manually remove the link between the station's Facebook page and Futuri, navigate to the Apps section of your account settings on Facebook and remove Futuri's permissions.
To manually remove the link between the station's Twitter account and Futuri, navigate to Twitter Settings and privacy. Then, go to Security and account access > Apps and sessions > Connected apps. Click Listener Driven Radio to Revoke access.