This article will outline the steps necessary to install and configure the provided transmitter for your Futuri POST service.
What to Expect: A standard transmitter setup process will take approximately 1-2 hours.
Station Requirements: The items described below should be completed prior to receiving your transmitter for a seamless installation.
- Identify and secure a location with proper ventilation for the transmitter:
- Single Stream size: (1u half-width)
- Multi-stream size: (3u)
- Identify and secure an appropriate outlet. (ideally a UPS)
- Complete the wiring process from the audio source to the transmitter.
- Identify an ethernet connection to an internet-accessible network.
- Identify an ethernet connection to an automation network. (if applicable)
- Identify an ethernet connection to an AoIP network. (if applicable)
- As needed, run additional Mic closure/GPIO wiring between the transmitter location and your relay. (if applicable)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- TRANSMITTER SETUP
- INTERNET CONFIGURATION
- AUDIO CONFIGURATION
- NOW PLAYING CONFIGURATION
- MIC CLOSURE CONFIGURATION (FOR POST SUBSCRIBERS ONLY)
|1||Click here for instructions on how to connect your transmitter to the internet.|
NOTE: If you are using a Multi-stream transmitter, it is recommended that you feed the same audio type (either analog or AoIP) to all stations on the transmitter to avoid conflicts which can distort audio quality.
|2||For a Single Stream transmitter:|
If you connect a keyboard, mouse and monitor to the unit, you will see the GUI interface. You can adjust levels by clicking on the station and then clicking on the orange settings icon that will appear. Under "Audio Input", you can adjust the input levels and hit "Save".
For a Multi-Stream transmitter:
You should now see the levels for the station displayed on the LCD touchscreen panel on the front of the unit. You can adjust levels by tapping on the station and then tapping on the orange settings icon that will appear. Under the "Audio Input", you can adjust the input levels and hit "Save".
NOW PLAYING CONFIGURATION
|1||Now Playing configuration is a requirement to enable:|
Click here for information on configuring your specific automation system.
MIC CLOSURE CONFIGURATION (FOR POST SUBSCRIBERS ONLY)
|1||Click here for information on applying different types of mic closures.|
|2||Once configured, contact VIP Support to schedule a call with a Futuri Streaming Engineer to complete the setup of Now Playing and Mic Closures. This call should take about 30 minutes.|