This article will outline the steps necessary to install and configure the provided transmitter in order to establish a stream for your Futuri POST service.
Upon completion of this article, you will be able to...
- Identify what is included with the transmitter shipment.
- Locate all relevant articles associated with the installation and setup of the streaming transmitter. (Single and Multi-stream)
What to Expect: A standard transmitter setup process will take approximately 1-2 hours.
Station Requirements: The items described below should be completed prior to receiving your transmitter for a seamless installation.
- Identify and secure a location for the transmitter:
- Single Stream size: (1u half-width)
- Multi-stream size: (3u)
- Identify and secure an appropriate outlet. (ideally a UPS)
- Complete the wiring process from the audio source to the transmitter.
- Identify an ethernet connection to an internet-accessible network.
- Identify an ethernet connection to an automation network. (if applicable)
- Identify an ethernet connection to an AoIP network. (if applicable)
- Complete the Mic closure/GPIO wiring. (if applicable)
Getting Started - Transmitter Setup
|1||Unpack Transmitter: Each transmitter is shipped with the following:|
|Connect the "Network Cable" to the transmitter, and verify the following:|
|3||Connect the power cord, power up the transmitter and confirm the following: |
|1||Click here for instructions to connect your transmitter to the internet.|
|2||Verify audio is playing by navigating to http://[CALL LETTERS].streamon.fm (Insert your call letters)|
NOW PLAYING CONFIGURATION:
|1||Now Playing configuration is a requirement to enable:|
Click here for information on configuring your specific automation system.
MIC CLOSURE CONFIGURATION (FOR POST SUBSCRIBERS ONLY):
|1||Click here for information on applying different types of mic closures.|
|2||Once configured, contact VIP Support to schedule a call with a Futuri Streaming Engineer to complete the setup of Now Playing and Mic Closures. This call should take about 30 minutes.|