This article will outline the steps necessary to install and configure the provided transmitter in order to establish a stream for your Futuri POST service.
Upon completion of this article, you will be able to...
- Identify what is included with the transmitter shipment.
- Locate all relevant articles associated with the installation and setup of the streaming transmitter.
What to Expect: A standard transmitter setup process will take approximately 1-2 hours.
Station Requirements: The items described below should be completed prior to receiving your transmitter for a seamless installation.
- Identify and secure a location for the transmitter:
- Single Stream size: (1u half-width)
- Multi-stream size: (3u)
- Identify and secure an appropriate outlet. (ideally a UPS)
- Complete the wiring process from the audio source to the transmitter.
- Identify an ethernet connection to an internet-accessible network.
- Identify an ethernet connection to an automation network. (if applicable)
- Identify an ethernet connection to an AoIP network. (if applicable)
- Complete the Mic closure/GPIO wiring. (if applicable)
Getting Started - Transmitter Setup
|1||Unpack Transmitter: Each transmitter is shipped with the following:|
|Connect the "Network Cable" to the transmitter, and verify the following:|
|3||Connect the power cord, power up the transmitter and confirm the following: |
|1||Click here for instructions to connect your transmitter to the internet.|
NOTE: If you are using a Multi-stream transmitter, it is recommended that you feed the same audio type (either analog or AoIP) to all stations on the transmitter to avoid conflicts which can distort audio quality.
|2||For a Single Stream transmitter:|
If you connect a keyboard, mouse and monitor to the unit, you will see the GUI interface. You can adjust levels by clicking on the station and then clicking on the orange settings icon that will appear. Under "Audio Input", you can adjust the input levels and hit "Save".
For a Multi-Stream transmitter:
You should now see the levels for the station displayed on the LCD touchscreen panel on the front of the unit. You can adjust levels by tapping on the station and then tapping on the orange settings icon that will appear. Under the "Audio Input", you can adjust the input levels and hit "Save".
NOW PLAYING CONFIGURATION:
|1||Now Playing configuration is a requirement to enable:|
Click here for information on configuring your specific automation system.
MIC CLOSURE CONFIGURATION (FOR POST SUBSCRIBERS ONLY):
|1||Click here for information on applying different types of mic closures.|
|2||Once configured, contact VIP Support to schedule a call with a Futuri Streaming Engineer to complete the setup of Now Playing and Mic Closures. This call should take about 30 minutes.|