This article is part of a series on Audiovault.
Tether and Futuri Mobile integrate with several automation systems, including Audiovault v9.20 and higher. This series of articles is generally geared toward your station's IT/engineering staff, but it's a good idea for program directors to be familiar at a higher level with this information too.
There are three basic pieces to integrating Audiovault with Futuri:
- Now Playing information - Song elements and some song cart "commands" will be configured to export from Audiovault to Futuri.
- Voting session integration - We'll install a piece of software called Echo to copy winning songs into "placeholder" carts, so that the winning song can play wherever those placeholder carts are placed in the log.
- Music Logs- Echo will also be configured to watch the folder where your station's music logs are saved. These music logs are used for two primary purposes:
- Voting Sessions - Depending on the voting feature your station uses, music logs help to tell Futuri what the vote options should be (or to see what songs should be used for separation purposes), and Echo will modify your log files to insert each voting session's corresponding placeholder cart.
- Instant Alerts - Users can sign up to receive alerts when their requests are about to play on your station. Futuri's system compares what your station is playing now with what's scheduled in the near future, so that we can send these alerts ahead of when the request actually plays (so there's time for the user to turn on the radio).