Spotify is the third-largest platform for Podcasts giving your content great reach, and you can set up your podcasts to publish automatically to Spotify with POST. Before you can submit your podcast to Spotify, you will need to set up a properly formatted RSS feed in POST by following the directions below.
Create Your RSS Feed
Navigate to Settings > Integrations and then select Connect new feed in the RSS section.
To create a new RSS feed, follow the simple three-step process to input the necessary information.
Step 1: Add Basic Info
Enter all the required fields to provide the unique identifying information for your show.
Step 2: Display Details
Upload a properly-sized square show image that will display in POST and on Spotify. (Minimum 1400x1400px and maximum 3000x3000px.)
NOTE: It is important to select at least one appropriate RSS category in order for your podcast to be listed correctly with Spotify. Subcategories, if applicable, will help put your podcast in front of the right audience.
Step 3: Adjust Settings
Adjust any optional settings that apply and click Save publishing destination to complete the setup.
- iHeart stations will need to enter their iHeart show ID in order to properly gather analytics for the show.
- The RSS feed must be set to Active status if you want to publish episodes to it.
- Choose the Publish to this destination by default checkbox if you would likee this RSS feed to be available for publishing from all your Shows in POST.
After creating your new RSS, you will find it listed in the RSS section of Integrations. Click the link icon and Copy to clipboard. Save this URL but change "rss" to "googleplay". For example, the URL below would change to: https://post.futurimedia.com/petefm/playlist/googleplay/17.xml. This is the RSS feed that you will use to submit to Google Podcasts.
NOTE: Before submitting your RSS feed to any podcast hosting site, you will need to make sure at least one episode has been published to the feed.
Submit to Spotify
1. To get started, use the link https://podcasters.spotify.com to go to the Spotify for Podcasters portal, and click the "Get Started" button to create your account.
2. Then, to add a podcast to Spotify, submit the RSS feed you customized using the instructions above.
3. Next, you complete a questionnaire about your podcast. Complete all fields and click "Next". You will be given an additional opportunity to review and confirm the information. Once you click Submit you will no longer have the ability to change this information. (So check carefully!)
Spotify will review your Podcast and make it available to your fans. (This may take a few hours.) Once you have submitted your RSS feed, any content that you publish to that feed will automatically be submitted to Spotify.
You can track your podcast by clicking the "Track Podcast" button. In addition, you will have the ability to view your Spotify stats, and/or add additional podcasts.