Spotify is the third-largest platform for Podcasts, and you can have your podcasts published on Spotify with POST.
This process is best completed via Classic POST:
Step 1 - Create the RSS:
- From POST planner, click "Edit Defaults" at the top right of the page. Then navigate to option 4, "POST Options".
- Select "Edit RSS Feeds".
- Create the RSS feed for Spotify.
- Copy the URL for the RSS feed. You can find the URL by clicking "get url" next to the feed.
- In the URL, change "RSS" to "Googleplay".
|Note: This is the RSS that you will use to submit Spotify, but before you do, you must have at least one episode in the feed.|
Step 2 - Submit to Spotify:
- To get started, use the link https://podcasters.spotify.com to go to the Spotify for Podcasters portal, and click the "Get Started" button to create your account.
- Then to add a podcast to Spotify, submit the RSS feed from step one.
- Next, you complete a questionnaire about your podcast. Complete all fields and click "Next". You will be given an additional opportunity to review and confirm the information. Once you "Submit" the information you will no longer have the ability to change this information. (So check carefully!)
- Spotify will review your Podcast and make it available to your fans. (This may take a few hours.) Once you have submitted your RSS feed, any content that you publish to that feed will automatically be submitted to Spotify.
- You can track your podcast by clicking the "Track Podcast" button. In addition, you will have the ability to view your Spotify stats, and/or add additional podcasts.