This article outlines the steps to set up a POST RSS feed and submit your content to Google Podcasts. With POST, it is easy to automatically share your content with the vast Google Podcasts audience after completing just a few simple setup steps.
Create Your RSS Feed
Navigate to Settings > Integrations and then select Connect new feed in the RSS section.
To create a new RSS feed, follow the simple three-step process to input the necessary information.
Step 1: Add Basic Info
Enter all the required fields to provide the unique identifying information for your show.
Step 2: Display Details
Upload a properly-sized square show image that will display in POST and on Google Podcasts. (Minimum 1400x1400px and maximum 3000x3000px.)
NOTE: It is important to select at least one appropriate RSS category in order for your podcast to be listed correctly with Google. Subcategories, if applicable, will help put your podcast in front of the right audience.
Step 3: Adjust Settings
Adjust any optional settings that apply and click Save publishing destination to complete the setup.
- iHeart stations will need to enter their iHeart show ID in order to properly gather analytics for the show.
- The RSS feed must be set to Active status if you want to publish episodes to it.
- Choose the Publish to this destination by default checkbox if you would like this RSS feed to be available for publishing from all your Shows in POST.
After creating your new RSS, you will find it listed in the RSS section of Integrations. Click the link icon and Copy to clipboard. Save this URL but change "rss" to "googleplay". For example, the URL below would change to: https://post.futurimedia.com/petefm/playlist/googleplay/17.xml. This is the RSS feed that you will use to submit to Google Podcasts.
NOTE: Before submitting your RSS feed to any podcast hosting site, you will need to make sure at least one episode has been published to the feed.
Submit to Google Podcasts
Submitting to Google is a little different than with other Podcast providers due to the way Google searches for and archives information. There is a chance that Google will find your podcast on its own but you can use the steps below to speed up the process.
Step 1: Submit Your RSS Feed to Google
- After making sure you are logged into the Google account on Chrome that you would like to be associated with your show, navigate to https://pubsubhubbub.appspot.com/publish.
- Paste the RSS feed URL that you customized using the instructions above into the first field and click Publish.
- Now you will wait for Google to index your feed. This can take a few hours to a few days. Once you see your show listed on Google Podcasts, you are ready to move on to the next step below.
Step 2: Claim Your Show on Google Podcasts Manager
- Once Google is aware of your show, you can now visit Google Podcasts Manager to claim it and get access to analytics, plus make it available to listeners via Google Search, Google Assistant, Google Home, and Android Auto. Click the Start Now button to begin.
- Enter your show's RSS feed and click Next Step.
- Google will look up your RSS feed and show you a preview of your podcast. Review your details to confirm they are correct before moving to the Next Step. If you notice any errors, those can be corrected by editing the RSS feed in POST > Integrations.
- In the final step, you will verify ownership of the podcast. Google will send a verification code to the email address listed in the RSS feed, which you can then paste into the field provided in the Google Podcast Manager site and click Submit. Congratulations! Your podcast is now listed with Google Podcasts.